These questions are all for one reason, which I explain afterwards. I'm thinking of putting them on Google Answers with a non-trivial sum for each question.
- To what level can we miniaturise LCDs? Is a 5x5mm 2000x1200 pixel LCD completely impossible?
- What are the bandwidth requirements for a normal monitor cable? Can we get this bandwidth via very low power wireless at distances of a centimeter or two?
- How thick is a contact lense? What is the maximum thickness for a contact lense?
- How much power does the best 1cm squared solar panel generate?
- Neurons firing produces current. Current produces RF. How easy is it to detect that current?
- How hard is it to do this non-invasively? Can we do it for fingers as well as arms?
Likewise, this kind of thing would, if possible, be the result of Manhattan-level R&D. The result, however, would be worth it. Air-traffic controllers, navigators, programmers, and gamers all dream of something like this every time they sit down in front of a computer.