If the phone has a fingerprint scanner, then it also becomes a secure logon terminal. The use case:
- The user puts his phone on the the desk, camera-face down, and swipes his thumb on the strip reader.
- The phone establishes a secure link with the workstation via bluetooth, and authenticates the user with the server.
- If the authentication is valid, the workstation unlocks and the user begins work.
- The user leaves his office, taking his phone-mouse with him.
- The workstation detects a break in the bluetooth connection and locks the console.
- The user returns to his office, re-swipes his thumb to unlock the console, and continues work.